- New Dashboard Panel: JArchitect v4.0 proposes a new Dashboard that shows at a glance the state of your code base.
- Trend Monitoring: JArchitect v4.0 can monitor trend metrics and shows trend charts. Default trend metrics and trend charts are proposed and custom ones can be created.
- Churning Rules and Queries: JArchitect v4.0 lets list Rules and Queries according to common criterions. Listing all Rules Violated is now a one click operation.
- Focusing on Recent Rules Violations: JArchitect v4.0 proposes the option to filter only rules violations that occur on code elements added or refactored since a baseline.
- Redesigned report. The report now includes trend metrics charts. The design has been rethought and more information is shown, especially concerning diff.
- Main menus organization relifted both in VisualJArchitect.
- When showing a dependency graph too complex to be browsed, a note is shown that explain that it is recommended to export the graph to the dependency matrix, better suited to browse large structure.
- In forms dedicated to choose assemblies set to analyze, the capability to filter assemblies by name has been added and ergonomy has been enhanced.
- In Matrix/Graph/Metric view, the Context Sensitive Help is not located anymore in the way that it could overlap the element currently hovered.
- Pan is now the default grab mode of the Graph.
- New pan cursor in Graph, Treemap and Matrix.
- On Vista OS and above, JArchitect now uses the modern Folder browser dialog.
- On Right-click menus, the double click action menu is now bold.
- When double-clicking a class to open its source file declarations, the class being declared in two source files, the second being a ".designer." file, JArchitect jumps directly to the source declaration of the type without proposing to open one of the two declarations.
- In Search panel, search code elements by change, when changing the kind of code element searched, the currently checked button remain checked if it is not disabled.
- In the Rules explorer panel, when selecting a group that doesn't have direct rules/queries children, JArchitect expands its children groups!
- When double-clicking the critical rules violated warning in the Error List panel, the list of Critical Rules Violated is shown.
- When open a project, without analyse result, shows in the error list the last analysis (if any) logs
- In Search panel, query generated are now executed asynchronously which leads to improved UI responsivness when searching on large code base.
- In Search panel, search code elements by change now generates more sophisticated code queries that provide more details.
- In Search panel, search code elements by coupling now generates more sophisticated code queries that provide more details.